As a member of FGLSAMP you will be taking a step in the right direction to gain extraordinary college experience while pursuing a degree in a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics field of study. As a FGLSAMP scholar you will:
- Find yourself among a community of students with similar interest in STEM
- Have greater access to STEM academic assistance
- Have opportunities conduct research with a professor during the academic year
- Have greater opportunities to participate in cutting edge research at major national laboratories
- Have opportunities to engage in international research experiences
- Have access to top STEM graduate programs
- Have greater access to securing educational funding
- Have chance to participate in national and regional STEM professional conferences
- Network with STEM students across the country
- and much more...
FGLSAMP provides students with exposure and experiences that help prepare them for great careers in STEM.
Come and see what you're missing...apply to join FGLSAMP today!!!
So you want to be a scientist?
What is an Individual Development Plan (IDP)?
- Exercises to help you examine your skills, interests, and values
- A list of 20 scientific career paths with a prediction of which ones best fit your skills and interests
- A tool for setting strategic goals for the coming year, with optional reminders to keep you on track
- Articles and resources to guide you through the process
Dr. Maurice Edington, Director
Provides leadership and governance for the successful implementation of the program model at partner institutions
J. Byron Greene, Assoc. Director
Provides administrative management; strategic planning and effective program operations of the alliance
Edna Cofield, Program Manager
Manages program compliance for the alliance and FGLSAMP program implementation at FAMU
Albany State University
Florida A& M University
Florida Gulf Coast University
Florida International University
Florida Memorial University
Florida State College at Jacksonville
Florida State University
Tallahassee Community College
University of Central Florida
University of Florida
University of Miami
University of South Florida